Actor Laurence Fishburne has been working to bring Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur from paper to the small screen in animated form for a couple of years now. The series was confirmed to be in the works at 2019’s D23 Expo, and today the series took one more step to realization with the announcement from Disney of who will be voicing the characters in the upcoming series.
Here is the cast:
- Diamond White as Luna Lafayette aka. Moon Girl
- Fred Tatasciore as Devil Dinosaur
- Alfre Woodard as Mimi (Lunella’s grandmother)
- Libe Barer as Casey (Lunella’s best friend and manager)
- Sasheer Zamata as Adria (Lunella’s mother)
- Jermaine Fowler as James Jr. (Lunella’s father)
- Gary Anthony Williams as Pops (Lunella’s grandfather)
- Laurence Fishburne as The Beyonder (?!)
Fans still have a ways to wait to see the 13 year-old super-genius and her 10-ton buddy. The series is planned to air on the Disney Channel in 2022.