StarWars.com today revealed that the hit Disney+ Star Wars spin-off series The Mandalorian, will be expanding into the world of print. Buried in the announcement which focused mainly on books, was also announced that “The Mandalorian-inspired” comics are coming, from both Marvel and IDW.
That’s all they had to say about comics. They have spoken.
Among the books announced are this writer’s favorite types of Star Wars books, the “art of” and “visual guide” type. Here is a selected run-down of what books are coming:
- The Art of The Mandalorian (Season One) by Phil Szostak; cover by Doug Chiang
- The Mandalorian: Original Novel (adult novel, Del Rey) by Adam Christopher
- The Mandalorian: The Ultimate Visual Guide (DK) by Pablo Hidalgo
- The Mandalorian: Allies & Enemies – Level Two Reader (DLP) by Brooke Vitale
- The Mandalorian: 8×8 Storybook (title to be revealed later) by Brooke Vitale
- The Mandalorian: Junior Novelization by Joe Schreiber
You can also look forward to coloring and activity books, as well as a Little Golden Book for your kids or the young-at-heart. No release dates were provided for the comics.
Personally, we are waiting for the Baby Yoda* ongoing comic.
*Yes, we know that is not his name.