Former Valiant executives and creators Dinesh Shamdasani, Hunter Gorinson, Warren Simons, and Joshua Jones have formed Bad Idea, a new publishing company with a unique approach to comics.
- The company will release one to two single issues a month at $3.99.
- There won’t be variant covers or collected editions.
- The comics won’t be released digitally either.
- Only 20 comic shops will sell their titles at launch.
- This will grow to 50 stores by the end of 2020.
- Stores can only sell one copy per customer.
- Two titles have been announced: Eniac and Megalith.
- Creators onboard include Matt Kindt, Doug Braithwaite, Mae Catt, Joshua Dysart, Tomas Giorello, Lewis LaRosa, Adam Pollina, Robert Venditti, Marguerite Bennett, Eric Heisserer, Jody Houser, Jeff Lemire, Peter Milligan, and Zeb Wells.
Dinesh Shamdasani and Warren Simons will serve as Co-CEO & Co-Chief Creative Officer, Hunter Gorinson will serve as Publisher, Joshua Johns will serve as Director of Marketing, and Atom Freeman will be a Sales Consultant.
Details on their first release Eniac by Kindt and Braithwaite are set to be announced next week.