Showtime’s live-action adaptation of 343 Industries’ video game series Halo has added six cast members to the show, who will join Pablo Schreiber (Master Chief) and Yerin Ha (Quan Ah).
- Natascha McElhone will play both Dr. Catherine Halsey and Cortana, the game’s ubiquitous AI guide who, in the show, “may be the key to the survival of the human race.”
- Bokeem Woodbine will play Soren-066, a “morally complex privateer at the fringes of civilization” with ties to Master Chief.
- Shabana Azmi will play Admiral Margaret Parangosky, “the head of the Office of Naval Intelligence.”
- Bentley Kalu will play a new character, Spartan Vannak-134, described as a “cybernetically enhanced soldier and de factor deputy to Master Chief.”
- Natasha Culzac will play a new character, Spartan Riz-028, whom is described as a” focused, professional and cybernetically augmented killing machine.”
- Kate Kennedy will play a new character, Spartan Kai-125, described as “courageous and curious — and also deadly.”
343 Industries’ Kiki Wolfkill has previously compared the show to Game of Thrones, but with less incest.
The Halo TV series is showrun by Kyle Killen (Awake) and Steven Kane (The Last Ship) who also serve as executive producers. Otto Bathurst (Black Mirror: The National Anthem) is set to direct and production is set to begin this fall.